CADEditorX 14 released
Please welcome a new release of our ActiveX component – CADEditorX 14. This version includes all major changes that we have been working on over the past months. We have put a lot of effort into improving CADEditorX performance and we are sure that this version will bring more speed and efficiency to your CAD application.
Working with 3D file formats
CADEditorX 14 delivers better 3D experience with its new features and general improvements of visualization.
- Display of a 3D model bounding box and its overall dimensions.
- Dynamic section tool. It enables to create a section view of a 3D model, see its hidden elements and measure them when necessary.
- Tool to adjust level of transparency of a 3D model.
- New visualization option to display 3D model edges.
- STEP to IGES/IGES to STEP converter.
- Anti-aliasing in 3D modes. It improves image quality by making jagged lines and borders look smoother.
- New mode of surface display: Hidden lines.
- Improved reading of SAT, OBJ and STL files.
Working with AutoCAD DWG and DXF files
The new version of CADEditorX also focuses on enhancing a feature set for those who work with DWG and DXF files.
- Improved import of DWG and DXF files:
- support of annotative objects;
- reading of hyperlinks for entities;
- improved Insert and Clipping support;
- improved Texts and MTexts support;
- improved display of SHX fonts;
- speeded up loading of DXF files.
- Export to AutoCAD DWG 2010.
- Improved comparison of DWG and DXF files: new comparison settings and capability to print out results of comparison.
- Extended features of G-code generation from DWG and DXF files.
XML API improvements
The version 14 adds extended capabilities to its unique XML API containing a single function and a single event.
- XData support. Extended Entity Data (EED) handling via XML.
- Programmatic file comparison.
- Programmatic merging of many DXF files to one PDF file.
- Creating an arc based on three points and a gradient hatch via XML.
- Modification of dimension texts via XML.
- Reading/recording of Layout.Plotsettings via XML.
- Extended output on the Get command.
- Optimized batch conversion of files.
- Improved export of PDF files:
- saving of fonts;
- option for saving to raster PDF files.
- Option for automatic regeneration.
- New mode of grid displaying.
- Object layer map allowing to automatically adjust distribution of entities by layers.
- Improved import of DWF, HPGL, CGM and SVG files.
- Snap mode in inserts.
- Bug fixes.
Do you want to give CADEditorX 14 a try? Download its 45-day free version:
START MY FREE TRIAL
We will be glad to answer all your questions and help with the upgrade from older versions of CADEditorX, just contact us at email@example.com.
Soft Gold Ltd.